maandag 28 februari 2011

Setting Priorities

Today I had an interesting meeting at Seats2Meet  with one of the founders of the business concept after enjoying a good lunch! While I walked away from this conversation, I realised that I had not made really clear what it is that I wanted out of the meeting. For me personally, it was meeting a new person and telling a part of my current undertakings and my dream. However, these intentions did not really came across correctly as I wanted them to. It is okay to go into meetings with an open mind, but what I learned today again is that when you are straight forward in such meetings that that is more appreciated then lacking details.

I always try to be prepared for any question and to be myself whether it is an interview in a big company or a entrepreneur who heard it all. In my opinion, the key to always be prepared is to just be yourself. This can work out differently, for different persons so you are warned but the key is to be authentic. You only get one chance for a first impression!

My first priority is to finish my academic undertaking, after that there is lots more to explore. Therefore, what I did today:

  • Found out that you have to treat each person, situation, business conversation as a single chance to make the impression you want to last;
  • Be myself, also when it comes to meeting people who can help my business ideas;
  • Read up on volunteer work in India, China and in Rotterdam;
  • Finished my surveys for my thesis and publicizing them this week and start measurements.
Nobody said it was going to be easy creating my own job and finding my way but I have my positive attitude, oversight and insight into the material at hand and good people around me.

Sincerely,
Stefanos
Best Blogger Tips

0 reacties:

Een reactie posten